I know, I know, I said I would post this like a month ago, but...I'm lazy. Here's a few pictures of what went into making the cover. This is the base art for what became the cover, or the "coming soon" preview of the cover. Basically I transferred my original drawing on to a very nice piece of watercolor paper, where I then colored it in stages. As you can see I tape my artboard to a sturdy piece of cardboard to limit the amount of warping. Some of these came out blurry, and yellow, and I'm too lazy to touch them up. I finished the cover digitally, darkening the trees, adding glowing eyes, and making the fire glow better, and made the smoke look more like smoke, but I didn't take any screen shots of that so you'll have to imagine those parts.